Friday, April 8, 2011

NOTD: Globe Trotting

 Allow me to preface this post by saying that it looked a lot better in my head because free hand painting turned out to be much more difficult than I was anticipating. I attempted to paint each nail to look like the flag of a different country. With that said, enjoy :)

So let's start with the left hand!



Left Pinkie: Germany
Ok, so I started with ULTA Sun-Sational (in hindsight I think I would have used Sinful Colors Cloud 9), then I painted the red stripe with ULTA Red Carpet Red, and finished it off with Sinful Colors Black on Black for the black stripe.

Left Ring Finger: Japan
  
This one is China Glaze White on White with a poorly painted circle using ULTA Red Carpet Red.

Left Middle Finger: France
For this one, I started with China Glaze White on White, then did the stripes on the sides with Essie Mesmerized and ULTA Red Carpet Red.

Left Index Finger: Ghana
Ok, for this one I started with ULTA Sun-Sational, then did the stripes with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Going Green and ULTA Red Carpet Red. Then I stamped the black star using the Konad m3 plate and Sinful Colors Black on Black.

Left Thumb: United States of America
This one, yet again, started with China Glaze White on White. Then I did the blue square with Essie Mesmerized and the stripes with ULTA Red Carpet Red. Then I added little dots for the stars with a Sally Hansen White Nail Art Pen.

And now for the right hand!

Right Thumb: Bulgaria
I started this one with, you guessed it, China Glaze White on White! Then used ULTA Red Carpet Red and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Going Green for the stripes.

Right Index Finger: Finland
So I started with China Glaze White on White and painted the blue cross with Essie Mesmerized.

Right Middle Finger: Ireland
This one didn't turn out very well...it smudged while drying, and I couldn't get a very good  picture of it, but I started with China Glaze White on White and used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Going Green and Sinful Colors Cloud 9.

Right Ring Finger: Botswana
I started this one with Essie Coat Azure, then painted the black stripe with Sinful Colors Black on Black.

Right Pinkie: Chad
Last, but not least, for this nail I started with ULTA Sun-Sational, then used Essie Mesmerized and ULTA Red Carpet Red for the stripes!

1 comment: