Friday, February 24, 2012

Swatches: Part of the OPI Nicki Minaj Collection

Okay, so I am very excited to be creating this post for you all because, though I know that the OPI Nicki Minaj Collection has been out for quite some time now, I have finally gotten my hands on the four colors from this collection that I was really dying to try out! :) So here you go, this is going to be a pretty long and pretty photo-heavy post, so if you're not interested, I apologize, I will try to put up something more interesting for you all this weekend. But if you were thinking about buying any of these colors, I hope this post is useful in helping you make your decisions! I have for you Metallic 4 Life, Fly, Did It On 'Em, and Pink Friday. enjoy :)



So first off we have Metallic 4 Life. This polish is many different sizes of silver glitter suspended in a black jelly base. In the pictures below, I used two coats of this polish.
However, I think it would have been easier to paint my nails black first, then layer this polish on top.


So I'm not in love with this polish. It's cool and pretty unique, but it was very difficult to work with. If you are not patient with your polish application or you don't have much time to do your manicure, this is not the color for you. Not only do you have to be patient to get an even and opaque finished product, but you also need to work somewhat quickly as the polish gets gluey, clumpy, and thick really fast both on the nail and at the edge of the bottle. As is with many glitter polishes, it chips and peels off easily. :/




Next, we have Fly. Now this color I absolutely ADORE!! I cannot get enough of this beautiful deep, dark, turquoise creme polish! So without further ado, here are several pictures of this polish at different angles and in different lights so you can see this color in all of its glory! :) I used two coats of this color.







Next, we have Did It On 'Em. This polish is a bright, neon, yellow-green. I thought it looked weird with my skin tone at first, but then it kind of grew on me :) I used three coats of this color because this polish had a much thinner formula than most of OPI's polishes.





Last but not least, we have Pink Friday. This polish is a lovely light rosy, salmony, bubblegumy pink creme! :) I used two coats of this color.





Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful friday! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment