Thursday, June 23, 2011

NOTD: Disney/Pixar's Cars 2


So, as many of you may know, Cars 2 is premiering at midnight tonight (for some of you readers this may already have happened) so in about 11 hours I, along with my sister and two of our friends are headed out to see said premier, and in honor of this event, I painted my sister's and my friends Hayley and Jenna's nails to look like the famed Cars characters Lightning McQueen, Mater "Like TUH-mater...without the TUH", Sally, Ramone, Flo, The King, Chick Hicks, Sheriff, The Sargent, and Doc Hudson. I tried to do this on my own nails, but the right hand was impossible so I put pictures of my sissy's nails up instead of my own. :) enjoy!

right hand


Mater started out with OPI Shim-Merry Chic, then i free hand painted his face with white, black and green nail art pens. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Celeb City and Sally Hansen Forbidden Fudge for the headlights.




Ok so for Lightning McQueen, I started with Sally Hansen Divine Wine then free handed the face using white, teal, black and gold nail art pens.

Next up is Sally. I started sally with Essie Coat Azure, then free handed the face with white, black, gold, and teal pens. The headlights are Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Celeb City. 
Ramone started out with Ulta Celebutante, then I free handed the face white, black and teal nail art pens. 

Flo started out with Essie Turquoise & Caicos then i free handed her face with white, black and green nail art pens and used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Celeb City for her mouth and head lights.

left hand


The King started with Essie Beach Bum Blu, then i free handed the face with white, black, and bronze nail art pens.

For Chick, I started with ULTA Limelight, then free handed the face with white, black and bronze nail art pens.

The Sheriff started with Sinful Colors Black on Black, then I fre handed the face with white, and teal nail art pens. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Celeb City for the headlights and the grill. I also used ULTA Red Carpet Red for the insignia above the grill.

The Sarge started with Essie Sew Psyched, then free handed the face with white, black and bronze nail art pens.

I started Doc Hudson with Essie Mesmerized, then free handed his face with white, black and teal nail art pens. I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear: Celeb City for the headlights and grill and ULTA Red Carpet Red for the red insignia on the grill.



My sissy and I also made cars cookies (Lightning, Sally and Mater) to celebrate :) and I think they're so darn cute! Just had to share. The original idea for these cookies came from http://family.go.com/disney/pkg-disney-recipes/recipe-1005691-cars-cookies-t/

No comments:

Post a Comment