Thursday, January 19, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 19 (Galaxy Nails)

Ok readers, I spent over three hours on this manicure and used 13 different colors, so this post is going to be kind of long and picture heavy in comparison to some of my latest posts. It took a lot of practice and a lot of messing around with the different colors in order to get nails that looked something like a real galaxy. And if you were wondering, yes; it is as difficult as it sounds. I started with a black base, then sponged on the other colors that you are about to see in different combinations until it looked the way I wanted it to, then I added extra "close-up stars" with dotting tools. This particular day of the challenge had me stressed out from the very beginning, so I am happy that it is done, and I'm actually pretty proud of the results! Let's take a look shall we? enjoy :)


PS: I couldn't label all of the colors I used in this post because I can only use 20 labels per post, so the brands of the polishes are labeled instead. sorry :/


First of all, I'm going to give you a break-down of all the colors I used.
From left to right: Revlon Black Satin, Essie French Affair, ULTA Coral Chic, China Glaze Purple Panic (Neon), OPI Alpine Snow, Zoya Julieanne, Sinful Colors Frenzy

China Glaze Fairy Dust, Zoya Charla, Essie Turquoise & Caicos, Ozotic 528, ULTA Limelight, and A-England Holy Grail. whew! 

And now for the pictures you've been waiting for..... :)




Thanks for stopping by!! :D


If you're interested in trying this manicure out for yourself, I HIGHLY recommend watching this tutorial video from Emerald Sparkled!!


Here's the link: http://vimeo.com/32473430

2 comments:

  1. That is seriously AMAZING. I don't think I've ever been more in love with a nail design, lol. I wish I had the patience and all that polish.. awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! It took a really long time to get these to look just right. I'm so glad you love them and thanks for the feedback!! :)

    ReplyDelete