Sunday, January 22, 2012

31 Day Nail Challenge: Day 22 (Inspired by a Song)

Hello again! I spent a lot of time going through all of my music trying to find a song that could inspire a manicure. I decided to take the suggestion of one of my cousins and attack "Yellow Submarine" by The Beatles. I was nervous at first because I am not the best at freehand artwork, but I think this came out pretty cute. Let me know what you think! enjoy :)
Maybe you could listen to the song while you check out the pictures eh? ;)

Here are the colors I used. From left to right: ULTA Blue Streak, ULTA Limelight, ULTA Sun-Sational, China Glaze Urban-Night, Konad light blue stamping polish, China Glaze Turned UP Turquoise (Neon), Essie Brazilliant, Essie Mesmerized, Essie Watermelon and black and white acrylic paints.

I started Essie Mesmerized and freehand painted some ULTA Blue Streak squiggly lines to look like water. Then I painted the silhouettes of all of the fish, the jellyfish and the submarine with white acrylic paint so that the lighter and brighter colors would show (the details would not be as clear if I painted them directly on top of the blue). I used the Konad polish to make bubbles, and the rest of the colors to add some life to my white silhouettes :) Thanks to my cousin Melissa for the great idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment